Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate
Providing a safe and secure learning environment for your child is one of EverGreen's top priorities. To ensure we accomplish this, we regularly review and update our safety and security procedures. As a result, we have updated ourlockdown procedures, which are set into motion in the unlikely event that a threat of danger exists in or around our schools.
EverGreen has implemented the use of ALICE, active shooter/threat respnse training program, (i.e. alert, lockdown, inform, counter, and evacuate) in both our buildings. Security experts across the country believe, as do we, that the use of these additional procedures will enhance student and staff safety.
All EverGreen staff members have taken part in ALICE training. The following is a brief overview of what ALICE is and what students and staff are taught.
If an intruder enters the building, students and staff should:
- Stop, look, listen and take appropriate action.
- Get to and/or remain in a secure area and barricade until it is safe to evacuate.
- Use sensory information to determine when and if it is safe to evacuate.
- Distract the intruder if it becomes necessary to do so.
- Do not be a stationary target.
Students in all grades undergo age-appropriate ALICE training so they are prepared to react appropriately in the unlikely event of an intruder or violent situation at their building.