Vision, Mission, & Core Values
Our vision is to have a school where each child is known, valued, challenged, nurtured, and looks forward to coming to school each day.
Our mission is:
1. Each child will be known, not merely by that child’s particular teacher, but by all the staff as well. This will be accomplished by small classes and by frequent interaction between students and staff.
2. Each child will be valued because the worth of every individual is great. Every effort will be made by the staff of this school to see that each child will be treated as a precious commodity who has intrinsic worth regardless of their individual circumstances.
3. Each child will be challenged to do their best in all aspects of their education, including academic, physical education, music, art, and social interaction with others. The curriculum will be sufficiently rigorous to ensure each child will learn what they will need to learn, and progress will be measured and monitored to make certain each child is keeping up.
4. Each child will be nurtured, by which we mean they will be helped, guided, directed, and gently prodded to grow and develop their various talents – by kind and caring teachers and staff.
5. Each child, each day, will be in an environment of happiness, joy, and excitement that will generate within them a desire to come to school each day.
EverGreen Academy maintains four core values:
- SECURITY — We believe students must feel a sense of security while at school. They deserve to be free from fear – fear of criticism, fear of bullying, fear of physical harm. Teachers and other staff must be vigilant in guarding against anything that would cause a child to be afraid at school.
- PERSEVERANCE — We believe students should be taught the value of never giving up. Students learn at different speeds. Some students fall behind and may become discouraged. We believe in teaching the truism that “All things are possible” if only you persevere. “Perseverance” is a quality that should be present in students – so they keep on trying to master a subject – as well as teachers who should never give up on a student who may be struggling.
- RESPECT — All types of students are welcome at EverGreen Academy. Teachers and staff must take pains to make certain that all students are treated with the utmost respect regardless of physical, mental, economic, or national origin differences.
- JOY — We believe that children learn best when they are in an environment that is stress free and is full of happiness and joy. Factors that enhance children’s joy include an atmosphere of fun, plenty of art, music, and a variety of physical activities spread throughout the school day. Not to be overlooked is the disposition of the teachers and other staff. If children regularly see teachers and staff smiling and enjoying their work, the atmosphere of learning is greatly enhanced.